Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Basic Shapes





























Here are some pictures of a 10' 0" blue home foam board I made last year. I used four eight foot by two foot by one inch thick pieces of home insulation foam. Laminated the pieces together to create a ten foot foam block with rocker. Cut out a wood stringer from 1/4inch plywood and laminated the whole lot together. I shaped the rough blank with a hand saw and thickness planed down to the stringer with the power planner. I did the final shaping with my contour cutout. For the glassing I used a single layer of 6oz for the bottom and deck, and used the West system epoxy for glassing. The west system has a slight yellow tint to the resin so the board came out as green.












1 comment:

pushingtide said...

Does that work? Gluing two pieces of storebought foam together?

Great fish you shaped too. Looks fun. And you guys are insane and stoked up there!