Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Interest

The weekend has been ripe with thunderstorms across the region. I was at Lac de Milles Lac and the bolts were flyin. Last night the thunder rolled in late so I jumped out of bed and chased a few storms. I took about 180 photos of which 60 had lighting. I narrowed the 60 down to 14 best photos that are now showing in the slideshow above. One thing to note, when taking photos of lightning you always need to pay attention to what is happening around you. I was holding a large deck umbrella to keep the rain off of the camera. I thought the storm across the bay was far enough not to be of a concern to my safety. Turns out that a bolt hit off to the right of me, at the same time I looked down at my finger and noticed a blue spark jumping from the umbrella pole to my finger. It lasted about a second or two with an interesting 'zzzzzzt' noise. I then folded up the umbrella and went inside. My storm chasing ended at about 2am and took me from both ends of the city and in between.


Dragonfly catching its breathe from the onslaught of mosquitoes we are having.Some sparks from this years Canada Day celebration.



1 comment:

Eric said...

so sick dude! great lightning shots.
peace
e