Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Score

So I was watching the forcasts today and noticed that there was a considerable East wind blowing. So I did some christmas shopping early and left by the afternoon to tackle the weather and catch some waves. The conditions were not the best, ice pellets beating my in the eyes and the lake was choppy and appeared very unorganized. So I suited up and paddled out. After sitting and watching, a couple of consistent breaks showed up and I started catching waves. the set wave was solid chest high. I was in the water riding for a good two and a half hours. went home satisfied.

Surf Dec 21, 2010 from John Marchant on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Eric said...

dang....knew there would be some waves today. should have given you a shout. looks like you had a bit of fun.
peace
e

John Roland said...

i wasnt sure there would be anything or i would have called. maybe some cleanup for dawn patrol. have to check stations in the morning. are you avail for 7am?

Anonymous said...

should have called me too!! good for you for not letting the waves go unridden!! i'm in ottawa til the 1st, looks like more waves coming your way this week!!

winston